Alerts powered by VISA®
Alerts, powered by VISA®, is a service providing you with VISA® card activity, 24×7. This real-time service is free for On The Grid Financial VISA® cardholders and works with On The Grid VISA® Platinum credit cards and On The Grid VISA® debit cards.
You choose when to receive alerts, such as when your VISA® card is used for online transactions or purchases outside the United States. You can customize the purchase amount threshold—for example, setting it to only receive alerts for purchases above $50. Alerts can be received via text messages, emails or both*.
It takes all of us working together to discover fraud on plastic cards. As your financial institution and issuer of VISA® Credit and Debit cards, we set criteria used to monitor all transactions for certain types of activity. We can block merchants and set thresholds as an attempt to mitigate fraud.
But only you can tell us when a transaction occurs that you did not authorize. We recommend you sign up for Alerts, powered by VISA®. Visit VISA USA
Note: ATM transactions are not covered by this service.
Use the following numbers to notify us immediately of a transaction you didn’t authorize:
VISA® Debit Cards
During Credit Union Business Hours: 1.800.360.6362
Outside Credit Union Business Hours: 1.855.726.7760
VISA® Platinum Credit Cards
*This is a free benefit. Text and data usage fees may apply. Refer to your communications provider. Alerts delivery may be subject to delays, including service outages and connection issues.
According to VISA® USA, here are some ways to help fight fraud.
- To protect yourself online, visit only trusted merchants and avoid sites that ask you to provide unnecessary information, such as your Social Security number. Never send payment information by email.
- Check to make sure that transactions occur in a secure environment by looking for the padlock icon at the bottom of your browser. Any website URL where you enter sensitive information should begin with https://.
- VISA® Checkout also provides added security by offering advanced authentication tools when you use VISA® Checkout to shop online. Learn more about VISA® here. This is not an On The Grid Financial product/service.
- Don’t become a victim of Phishing, a scam that attempts to trick consumers into revealing personal information that can be used to commit fraud. Such scams can happen over the phone, email, mail and text message.
- Phishers often target users with fake internet sites or email messages that are disguised to seem legitimate, or leverage social networking sites where users are already sharing information with others.
- Look out for common tactics such as subtle misspellings in URLs, or substitutions such as using “.biz” instead of “.com.”
- If you receive an unsolicited message asking you to confirm account information, be extremely cautious. Financial institutions do not proactively request this sort of information.
- Protect yourself from identity theft by monitoring your card and account statements weekly, reporting all lost or stolen cards immediately, and by contacting your financial institution if your replacement card or new card does not arrive on time.
- ATM transactions work differently. They are not covered by the VISA® Zero Liability Policy. On The Grid Financial has no liability for unauthorized ATM transactions, so if your card number and personal identification number (PIN) are used to withdraw funds from an ATM, you may be responsible.
- Any time you use an ATM or perform a transaction using your PIN, cover the keypad when you enter your PIN and be aware of your surroundings. Be cautious using gas pumps and outdoor ATM’s. Thieves often install skimming devices in these outdoor areas. Skimming devices include scanners and cameras which are not easy to spot.